Pages

Sunday 18 December 2011

Use Rikaichan to help Browse Webpages

I must have been living under a rock all these years but I've just discovered Rikaichan.
It is a very handy Japanese-learning tool and I use it when I browse webpages in Japanese.

Before Rikaichan came into my life, this was how I read Japanese webpages.
1) Use my trusty 電池辞書
2) Ctrl C and V whole text into Google Translate
3) Use Excite Translator  (エキサイト)
4) Call my sister.

Rikaichan's a great learning tool.
You just hover your mouse over the words you don't understand and you can find the Furigana as well as dictionary entries for that.

Depending on what you use, you may go to Add-ons for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/rikaichan/

Rikaichan is from the friendly people at PolarCloud.

No comments: